The Coding and Payment Guide for Dental Services is your one-stop coding, reimbursement and documentation resource developed exclusively for dental practices. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2021 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT® codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, RVUs and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Features and Benefits:
- NEW – ICD-10-CM code icons. Icons identifying male- and female-only codes, as well as age-related and laterality diagnosis codes.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CDT and CPT® full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis
- Code icons. Quickly identify new and revised procedure codes related to dental services.
- Evaluation and management services. Evaluation and management CPT® codes commonly used in your specialty are now included with their official description, lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits and relative value units.
- Prevent claim denials and stay up-to-date with Medicare payer information. Review Medicare IOM references containing information linked to CDT, HCPCS Level II and CPT® codes tailored to dental services, to prepare cleaner claims before submission.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility services are included.
- CCI edits. Includes CCI edits for CDT, CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes in a special section with quarterly updates available online.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of the anatomy related to dental procedures and services.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Current Dental Terminology, © 2015 American Dental Association. All rights reserved.