Created by a team of dentists, pharmacists, scientists and experts in pharmacology, the ADA Dental Drug Handbook: A Quick Reference, Second Edition, delivers concise and accurate information about prescribed medications used in dentistry.
This second edition includes the latest, most up-to-date information to assist in treating patients.
The handbook includes:
• Detailed, full-color drug monographs with black box warnings, cautions and contraindications, potential adverse reactions and possible drug interactions.
• Sample prescriptions with dosage, frequency and route of administration.
• Information on over-the-counter products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
• ADA resources on procedures such as general anesthesia, antibiotic prophylaxis and medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw.
• Tables presenting adverse drug reactions, drug interactions and generic brands.