The ADA Dental Drug Handbook contains the latest information from dental pharmacology’s leading experts. It covers the drugs most commonly used in the dental practice, with information about dosage, possible interactions, potential complications and more. The guide’s hand-held format makes it easy to use whether you’re in the operatory or catching up in between patients.
• Drugs used in dentistry, such as analgesics, antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, anxiolytics, fluorides, local anesthetics and corticosteroids
• Smoking cessation, salivary management and oral lesion treatments
• OTC products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance
• ADA Guidelines on procedures such as general anesthesia, antibiotic prophylaxis and medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw
• Diabetic events
• Drug management for:
– emergency situations
– special care patients such as pregnant patients and the elderly
Key Features Include:
• Sample prescriptions with dosage, frequency and route of administration
• Detailed, full-color drug monographs with black box warnings, caution – contraindications, potential adverse reactions, possible drug interactions and more
• Discussion of the rationale behind drug selection
• Suggested reading lists for further information
The easy-to-read reference is the perfect tool for dental professionals at every stage of their career, from practicing dentists to dental students.
Gain the knowledge needed to handle emergencies – order your own Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office kit today.
ISBN – 968-1-68447-046-4