The Coding and Payment Guide for Dental Services is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for dental practices. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2022 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT® codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, RVUs and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key Features and Benefits:
• Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, add-on, and telemedicine procedure codes,
making your coding process for procedures and E/M services quick and efficient.
• ICD-10-CM code icons. Icons identifying male and female only codes, as well as age-related and
laterality diagnosis codes.
• Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CDT and CPT® full code
descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement
tips, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis.
• Prevent claim denials and stay up to date with Medicare payer information. Review Medicare
IOM references containing information linked to CDT, HCPCS Level II, and CPT® codes tailored to
dental services, to prepare cleaner claims before submission.
• Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value
units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and
facility services are included.
• CCI edits. Includes CCI edits for CDT, CPT®, and HCPCS procedure codes in a special section with
quarterly updates available online.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of the anatomy related to dental
procedures and services.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association. CDT © 2021 American Dental Association.