The Coding Guide for OMS is your one-stop coding, reimbursement and documentation resource developed exclusively for OMS. Co-produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons The Coding Guide for OMS is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource
developed exclusively for OMS. Co-produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial
Surgeons (AAOMS), this comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2022 and organized by
specialty-specific CDT and CPT® codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description,
coding tips, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has
never been so easy.
Key Features and Benefits:
• Optum 360 Edge—Co-produced with AAOMS. Only resource produced with the American
Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
• Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, add-on, and telemedicine procedure codes,
making your coding process for procedures and E/M services quick and efficient.
• ICD-10-CM code icons. Icons identifying male and female only codes, as well as age-related and
laterality diagnosis codes.
• Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT® and CDT full code
descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement
tips, clinical terms, Medicare IOM references, CPT® Assistant references, and commonly associated
ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
• Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value
units including the practice, work, and malpractice components for CPT codes and total RVUs for nonfacility and facility are included.
• CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT® code has been in the
American Medical Association’s CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct
• Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references to Internet Only
Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery.
• CCI edits by CPT®, CDT, and HCPCS procedure code. CPT®, CDT, and HCPCS procedure codes
with their associated CCI edits are provided in a special section. Quarterly updates are available
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of OMS services.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association. CDT © 2021 American Dental Association