The Medicare National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) (also known as CCI) was implemented to promote national correct coding methodologies and to control improper coding leading to inappropriate payment. NCCI Procedure-to-Procedure (PTP) code pair edits are automated prepayment edits that prevent improper payment when certain codes are submitted together for Part B-covered services.
The Correct Coding Initiative is not just for Medicare! The NCCI is a tool used by private payers to determine appropriate billing of CPT codes and HCPCS codes. The CorrectCoder for Unbundling contains over 2 million Surgical, Radiology, Laboratory and E&M Procedure-to-Procedure (PTP) code pair edits. This spiral bound book incorporates all code changes instituted by CMS and represents the most up-to-date compilation of correct coding edits and mutually exclusive codes in a comprehensive yet easy-to-use format. Using the most recent coding edits insures you will receive full and appropriate reimbursement for the medical services you provide and reduces your audit exposure.
- CMS’s National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI)
- NCCI Used by Medicare and Commercial Insurance
- Eliminate Coding/Unbundling Errors & Reduce Audit Exposure
- Represents the most current Medicare National Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) Policy
- Lists all Comprehensive, Component & Mutually Exclusive codes
- Over 2.0 million Surgical, Radiology, Laboratory, & E&M PTP Edit pairs
- Includes CPT Procedure Descriptions exclusive feature!
- Includes Modifier Indicators (e.g. -59 for same day service)
- Comply with all the latest CMS regulations