The Coding and Payment Guide for Dental Services is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for dental practices. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2020 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT® codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, RVUs and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Features and Benefits:
• Code icons. Quickly identify new and revised procedure codes related to dental services.
• Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CDT and CPT® full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
• Prevent claim denials and stay up-to-date with Medicare payer information. Review Medicare IOM references containing information linked to CDT, HCPCS Level II, and CPT® codes tailored to dental services, to prepare cleaner claims before submission.
• Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility services are included.
• CCI edits. Includes CCI edits for CDT, CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes in a special section with quarterly updates available online.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Current Dental Terminology, © 2015 American Dental Association. All rights reserved.