Please Note: This coding book releases in December 2017. Online orders charge your credit card upon checkout. If you wish to order and have your credit card charged upon release, please call customer service 800-669-3337 or e-mail [email protected]
Consolidate the coding process with the Coding Companion®, your one-stop resource developed exclusively for those who code for orthopaedics. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide includes 2018 CPT®, HCPCS and ICD-10-CM code sets specific to your specialty. Each specialty-specific procedure code includes its official description and lay description, coding tips, terminology, cross-coding to common ICD-10-CM, and relative value units. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Features and benefits
- New — Code icons. Quickly identify new, revised and add-on procedure codes related to orthopaedics.
- New — CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT® code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT® Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Optum360 Edge—HCPCS procedure codes. Only Optum360 offers HCPCS procedure codes specific to your specialty with the same information as we provide for CPT® codes.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including illustrations, lay descriptions, coding tips, terms, cross-coding, and Medicare RVUs and Pub. 100 references.
- Organized by CPT® and HCPCS code. Essential procedures for general surgery and gastroenterology are listed by CPT® or HCPCS code, along with crosswalks to ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility for procedures are included.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information provides the references to Pub. 100 guidelines, follow-up days and assistant-at-surgery.
- CCI Edits by CPT® and HCPCS code. CPT® codes with associated CCI edits in a special section and quarterly updates available online.CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.