Please Note: This coding book releases in December 2017. Online orders charge your credit card upon checkout. If you wish to order and have your credit card charged upon release, please call customer service 800-669-3337 or e-mail [email protected]
The Coders’ Desk Reference for Procedures is a comprehensive resource for all 2017 CPT® codes. This all-inclusive tool helps identify the minute differences between, and components of, similar CPT® codes.
You’ll code more accurately from operative reports and produce cleaner claims the first time by improving your understanding of the clinical meanings behind the codes and checking billing and coding information for Medicare. Plus, this reference is ideal for training new coders and medical staff in the CPT® coding system.
Features and benefits:
• Comprehensive CPT® code listing with CPT® procedure lay descriptions. Eliminate the need for multiple resources with a one-stop resource of more than 8,000 CPT® codes and 6,000 lay descriptions for surgery, laboratory/pathology, radiology, medicine, and evaluation and management codes.
• E/M guidelines. Review CMS 1195 and 1997 documentation guidelines to assist in proper E/M code assignment.
• Modifier definitions and usage rules. Reduce research time and improve coding accuracy with a complete modifier list, accompanied by narrative explanations to ensure proper use of modifiers.
• Procedure eponym crosswalk. Locate eponym definitions and code links in an alphabetically organized section.
• Reimbursement and procedure glossary of terms. Understand terminology often used in medical record documentation and terms used in communications with payers.
• Abbreviation, acronym, symbol, prefixes, and suffixes. Better understand terms and use these valuable tools for more efficient CPT® coding.
• Anatomical illustrations. Recognize the body sites described in operative reports with helpful illustrations.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.