AMA’s Medicare RBRVS: The Physicians’ Guide 2020 is a concise, trusted resource on Medicare’s RBRVS system. It provides the insights, tools and tables needed to understand the RBRVS system and to easily and accurately calculate payment schedules. Also includes an Excel file of the complete RVU table.
- The complete RVU table in an electronic file. Purchase the book and receive access to the complete RVU table in an Excel file format. Use the file to sort, filter, calculate, and present the data to meet your needs. Quarterly updates are also available. Initial file and quarterly updates will be delivered by an emailed link. (Access to the file and updates requires registration. See inside of book for details.)
- Critical insight into the RBRVS system — detailed background information on the RBRVS system, an in-depth explanation on the key components and operation of the payment system, use of the RBRVS by Medicare and the private sector, geographic adjustments, conversion factors, limits on physician charges and CMS adoption of the Physician Practice Information Survey Data and other Practice Expense Methodology changes
- Updated information on the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, payment rules, and the conversion factor — covers new payment rules that take effect in 2020
- Updated RVUs for 2020 CPT® codes including every RVU element — Physician Work, Practice Expense (Facility and Nonfacility) and Professional Liability Insurance
- List of RVUs for CPT and HCPCS–coded procedures and services — calculate and establish physician charges using RBRVS relative values
- List of RVUs for anesthesiology services
- List of geographic practice cost indices (GPCIs) for each for each Medicare payment locality — Physician Work, Practice Expense and Malpractice Insurance