Please Note: This book releases in March 2018. Online orders charge your credit card upon checkout. If you wish to order and have your credit card charged upon release, please call customer service 800-669-3337 or e-mail [email protected]
New for 2018! The complete RVU table in an electronic file
Purchase of Medicare RBRVS 2018 now includes access to the complete RVU table in an Excel file format. Use the file to sort, filter, calculate, and present the data to meet your needs. Quarterly updates are also available. Initial file and quarterly updates will be delivered by an emailed link. (Those not purchasing directly from AMA will need to register for file delivery. See inside of book for details.)
Access essential information to code for Medicare’s RBRVS system in 2018.
- Payment rules and relative values for 2018 CPT® codes
- Updated payment policies and an explanation of how they may impact your practice.
- All of the elements necessary to calculate the 2018 Medicare Physician Payment Schedule, including an in-depth explanation of how the payment system operates and limits on physician charges.
- Policy indicators for each physician services and geographic practice cost indices for each Medicare payment locality.
- Detailed discussion regarding how private and public non-Medicare payers are changing their physician payment programs in response to the Medicare RBRVS.
With AMA’s Medicare RBRVS: The Physicians’ Guide 2018, you’ll have the authoritative guide and reference for Medicare’s RBRVS payment system, including:
- Critical insight into the RBRVS system — detailed background information on the RBRVS system, an in-depth explanation on the key components and operation of the payment system, use of the RBRVS by Medicare and the private sector, geographic adjustments, conversion factors, limits on physician charges and CMS adoption of the Physician Practice Information Survey Data and other Practice Expense Methodology changes
- Updated information on the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, payment rules, and the conversion factor — covers new payment rules that take effect in 2018
- Updated RVUs for 2018 CPT® codes including every RVU element— Physician Work, Practice Expense (Facility and Nonfacility) and Professional Liability Insurance
- List of RVUs for CPT and HCPCS–coded procedures and services — calculate and establish physician charges using RBRVS relative values
- List of RVUs for anesthesiology services
- List of geographic practice cost indices (GPCIs, pronounced as “gypsies”) for each for each Medicare payment locality— Physician Work, Practice Expense and Malpractice Insurance