ICD-10-PCS 2019: The Complete Official Codebook helps coders use the PCS portion of the ICD-10 code set. The code set is laid out in easy-to-understanding tables sorted by type of procedure.
ICD-10-PCS 2019: The Complete Official Codebook presents the complete code for hospital procedure coding set in 17 sections of tables arranged by general procedure type. Tables within the extensive Medical and Surgical section are additionally sectioned out by body system and indicated by color-coded page borders.
This illustrated codebook contains these valuable features:
- Updated codes! Content updates reflect the 2018 ICD-10 addendum
- Illustrations accompany each Character Meanings table throughout the Medical and Surgical section.
- American Hospital Association’s Coding Clinic for ICD-10-CM/PCS citations provide reference information regarding official ICD-10-CM/PCS coding advice that will enhance your understanding of specific codes
- Summary of changes for 2018 offers an accounting of the number and type of changes that have occurred since the codebook last published
- Color-coding and symbols for the Medicare Code Edits provide the most comprehensive coverage of procedure edits
- Code tables ease your transition into the new classification system by helping you build the code through character value selections that reflect the procedure performed
- Detailed information on the structure and conventions of ICD-10-PCS introduces you to the new coding system with its unique structure of specific definition and functions for each character
- Coding exercises help you develop basic coding skills, increase your understanding and test your proficiency
- Official coding guidelines teach appropriate use of the code set by section
- Procedure combination tables identify ICD-10 PCS code combination requirements neede to satisfy certain MS-DRG requirements.
- Tables for body part definitions and root operation conversions increase productivity