This 2020 ICD-10-CM edition is guaranteed to arrive with the official 2020 guidelines bound in the code book. The preferred choice for those taking certification exams.
ICD-10-CM 2020: The Complete Official Code Book provides the entire updated code set for diagnostic coding, organized to make the challenge of accurate coding easier. This code book is the cornerstone for establishing medical necessity, determining coverage and ensuring appropriate reimbursement.
Each of the 21 chapters in the Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is organized to provide quick and simple navigation to facilitate accurate coding. The book also contains supplementary appendixes including a coding tutorial, pharmacology listings, a list of valid three-character codes and additional information on Z-codes for long-term drug use and Z-codes that can only be used as a principal diagnosis.
AMA’s illustrated 2020 ICD-10-CM code book contains these valuable features:
- Full list of code changes — provides the complete list of new, revised, and deleted codes
- QPP symbol in the tabular section — identifies diagnosis codes associated with Quality Payment Program (QPP) measures under MARCA
- The addition of more than 100 coding tips — gives insight into coding for physician and outpatient settings
- The addition of more than 300 new definitions in the tabular listing — highlights key components of the disease process or injury
- Intuitive features and format — include full-color illustrations and visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, codes associated with CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC), Medicare Code Edits (MCEs), manifestation codes, other specified codes, and unspecified codes
- Placeholder X — alerts the coder to an important ICD-10-CM convention — the use of a “placeholder X” for three-, four- and five-character codes requiring a seventh character extension
- Coding guideline explanations and examples — provide additional insight into the guidelines at the beginning of each chapter in the tabular section
- Muscle/tendon translation table — helps determine muscle/tendon action (flexor, extensor, other), which is a component of codes for acquired conditions and injuries affecting the muscles and tendons
- Appendices — supplement with information on proper coding practices, risk adjustment coding, pharmacology, and Z codes