Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT® 2016 Standard Edition. The AMA publishes the only CPT® codebook with the official CPT code guidelines developed by the CPT Editorial Panel.
The updates that appear in this revision have been prepared by the CPT Editorial Panel with the assistance of physicians representing all specialties of medicine, and with important contributions from many third-party payers and government organizations.
Noteworthy changes to the CPT 2016 code set from the 2015 edition will be found in the following sections and subsections: Cardiovascular, Prolonged Office Services, Digestive, Radiation Oncology, Vaccines, and Pathology/Laboratory Testing.
- A comprehensive index – helps locate codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation
- Illustrated Anatomical and Procedural Review – a quick reference review of vocabulary and anatomy basics
- Clinical Examples – provide a useful tool and guidance for reporting services provided to patients
- Alphabetical tabular listing of most analytes in the Pathology and Laboratory section – eases your code search by directing you to applicable molecular pathology codes based on a specific analyte
- Increased granularity in Molecular Pathology – improves your ability to assign the proper code for a laboratory procedure
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions – provides a quick reference to 2015 changes without having to refer to previous editions
- Multiple appendixes – offer quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, add-on codes and vascular families
Publication Date: October 2015
Size and Binding: Softbound, 8½” × 11″, approx. 768 pages